Shadow.com has developed a simple and easy to deploy extension which enhances any site, in particular blogs, with information on the objects mentioned in your blog. After adding Shadow Underliner to your site, terms that exist on Shadow.com will be highlighted on your blog, with non-blocking balloon which opens when the user hovers over the terms. The samples displayed here are from a blogging site mentioning film actors Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt:
To add Shadow Underliner, you will need to add only 4 lines to your site, in the header section and footer section of the WordPress theme.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to deploy this extension on your WordPress blog. The screenshots below are from a site using the Highlight WordPress theme. If you use a different WordPress theme, you will follow the exact same steps (please see below):
- Go to your hosted WordPress settings page:
2. Select Appearance Setting:
3. On the right hand side, you will find the Header and Footer tabs which you will need to edit:
4. Select the Header tab, and enter the text, as highlighted below:
5. Select the Footer tab, and enter the text as highlighted below:
And you are done! From this point on, your blogging site will be enriched with highlighted terms from Shadow.com with aggregated crowd opinion and voting.
Adding Underliner to any other sites is also simple and described on our web-site.
Note for techies on adding Shadow Underliner to Web Sites
- The following two lines should be added to the <head> section of the HTML page, just after the <head> statement
2. The following line should be added to the <body> section of the HTML page, as the first line after <body> statement
3. The following line should be added to the end of the <body> section of the HTML page, as last line before </body> statement