At Shadow, we believe in harnessing the power of the crowd to get the most authentic reviews and opinions. By using crowd-sourcing as our main resource, we are able to obtain reviews from a wide variety of sources to create the most accurate bottom line. When it comes to taking your next vacation, this can be a pretty vital tool! In this post, we are setting our vacation sites on Lisbon, Portugal, one of this summer’s hottest get-aways. Check out the following list of Lisbon’s best hotels, bars, and clubs voted as the city’s best by the most reliable critics–the public itself!
Well deserving of it’s romantic nickname, ‘City by the Sea’ the ancient European metropolis has begun popping up on must-see travel destination lists as a hotspot for the fabulous and in-the-know.
Hailed as one of the greatest cities in Western Europe, the vibrant nightlife scene, rich history, and fascinating culture make Portugal’s capital city a greatly sought after travel experience.
The sunny-city is not only soaked with sun-rays, but with an incredibly rich culture and history. Quaint streets, charming alleyways, and annually warm temperatures make this fairytale-esque city on the Atlantic one of the most special in Europe. Check out this insider’s guide to getting to know one of Europe’s most wonderful treasures. LISBON
The Best Hotels In Lisbon’s City Centre
If you’re planning a trip to Lisbon, it is essential to know the right places to rest your head at night. While Lisbon offers an array of hotels across the price and location spectrum, the following five hotels in Lisbon city will be exactly what you’re looking for.
- Pestana CR7 Lisboa: Located in the trendy Pombaline Downtown, this fully renovated boutique hotel is located just a 2 minute walk from the city center, main transportation lines, and central shopping locations.
- Epic Sana Lisboa Hotel boasts impressive rooms, an upscale spa, rooftop pool, and sweeping city views.
- Memmo Alfama Hotel Lisboa : The sleek and trendy Memmo Alfama Hotel Lisboa is favored by those who desire a stylish stay right in the heart of the city.
- Heritage Avenida Liberdade Hotel: Set in a classically Portuguese-style converted 18th century townhouse, a stay in the Liberdade promises nothing but elegance for your stay in Lisbon.
- Solar do Castelo: Perched on a hilltop and tucked within the walls of the old Moorish Castelo do St. Jorge, your stay at the Solar do Castelo will be be nothing short of magical.
Best bars in Lisbon
While the sleepy streets might immenate a soothing calm during the day, as soon as the sun goes down, Lisbon turns into one of Europe’s liveliest party capities. Known for its immense love of drinking, the city is teaming with a large amount of bars and nightclubs perfect for those who want to enjoy themselves while getting a taste of the popular city.
- Park Bar: A popular spot for locals looking to relax after work, Park Bar is the perfect little bar for grabbing a drink…or two.
- Red Frog Speakeasy: If an unforgettable cocktail in a cosy environment is what you’re after, look no farther than Red Frog Speakeasy. Come for the cocktails, stay for the vibe.
- Majong: Known as one of the chicest spots in town, Majong will give you a true taste of local nightlife complete with great music and tasty drinks.
- Bar Incógnito: For those who want a little anonymity on their vacations, this local dance bar with no name on the door boasts an impressive dance floor with synthpop and new wave tunes.
- Bar Foxtrot: If a more posh bar experience is what you’re after, Foxtrot’s bar cellar and outdoor garden might just do the trick.