Activewear brands have come a long way since the days when fitness clothing meant a pair of basic black leggings and a simple t-shirt you could just dig out of your closet. Nowadays top fashion brands have turned “gym clothes” into a collection of its own. Statistics show that since 2013, sales of activewear have been steadily on the rise and in the U.S. alone, men and women spent over $33 billion on active/sportswear from 2013 to 2014.
Whether it’s for an outdoor run, a yoga session or just a stylish and comfortable outfit, athletic brands are finding their own ways to keep us looking and feeling good for our favorite fitness endeavors and for those of us who just love feeling comfortable. With all of the latest trends, prints, cuts and styles, where do you even begin? To help you out, we’ve rounded up the top five athletic brands you MUST have on your radar.
Make room for them in your wardrobe ASAP.
- Lululemon – A classic in the sportswear industry, Lululemon has you covered whether your thing is running, yoga or training. The Canadian retailer designs technical athletic apparel and a number of different types of clothing including performance shirts, shorts, pants, bras and more. The brand’s Black Rising Salutation Bra is an incredible piece to own and best seller as it’s mesh fabric helps you go the distance without sweating and more ventilation. Products like these combined with high-end customer service and international shipping makes Lululemon the ideal brand for activewear lovers.
- Adidas by Stella McCartney – Known as one of the best and most successful collaborations in fashion history, British designer Stella McCartney’s joined force with Adidas is pure genius. Innovative materials, bold and floral prints make for the perfect female athlete for both the gym and streets. The widely popular Barricade Tennis Tank is a customer favorite designed to keep you cool and dry on the tennis court with a racer back silhouette and made of breathable, quick-drying tricot.
- Fabletics – Fabletics, the creation of well-known Hollywood actress Kate Hudson, offers high quality, affordable and stylish workout clothes for both men and women. The company is an online retailer and best known for its e-commerce business approach. The brand emphasizes high-end performance gear at an accessible price point consumers will feel good about. While shopping on the company’s site, customers have an option to take a pop quiz regarding your style preferences and size in which after a wide range of gear will be curated to suit your needs. The Carly Rocha Jogger is a chic and relaxed fit sheer pair of leggings that many customers love.
- Vie Active – Originally from Bondi Beach, Australia, Vie Active is a luxury activewear brand that uniquely blends style with high-performance fashion and that meets the demands of the toughest workouts and hardships of daily life. The brand’s motto is “Designed by sweat professionals, for sweat professionals” and their collections offer a wide variety of basic activewear as well as more extravagant pieces. The Chelsea Crop Compression Tights achieves the perfect fit as the material relaxes to your body and the compression fabric takes on a second-skin fit.
- Sweaty Betty – This British retailer specializes in women’s activewear and offers an easy shopping experience on their e-commerce site with an incredible range of products that are categorized by sport or activity. The brand’s mission is to inspire women to find empowerment through fitness – motivating them for a more active and healthy lifestyle. The brand first opened its doors in 1998 in London and today, the company owns over 50 stores worldwide. Known to push boundaries with their prints and cuts, Sweaty Betty makes for amazing outfits not only during your yoga class but for the streets as well. The Shanti Yoga Bra, a bestseller, is made from sweat-wicking, breathable fabric and offers perfect support for yoga and pilates lovers.